CASE Consultants were appointed by Sovereign Housing Association / Leadbitter Group to act as civil and structural engineering consultants on this flagship eco residential scheme.
The scheme involves the construction of 144 houses and apartments with a mix of shared ownership, rental properties and houses for open market sale. Each affordable home will meet the Code for Sustainable Homes Level 4 or 5 incorporates a range of sustainable features.
The site is steeply sloping and is located adjacent to a historic landfill site which created numerous engineering challenges during development of the scheme design.
CASE Consultants have provided engineering design services relating to the following key areas of the project:
- Drainage design and technical submission for Section 104 Agreement.
- Highways design and technical submission for Section 38 Agreement.
- Design of substructures, including piled foundations and retaining walls.
- Design of the concrete transfer “podium” structures supporting the multi storey apartments over the new car parking areas.
- Design of superstructure for the new housing.
CASE Consultants was acquired by TDA in 2019.