We have successfully helped academies develop and submit Condition Improvement Fund (CIF) applications. One of the successful applications was managed in conjunction with Paignton Community and Sports Academy (PCSA) who were awarded £3.1m to demolish and replace a large classroom block at their Borough Road site.
We have been involved with the scheme from inception. Services provided include:
- Options appraisal and feasibility report
- Architect and Quantity Surveyor (QS) input
- Drawings and cost analysis
- Planning submission
- Writing and submitting the CIF bid
- Full project management including QS, architect, mechanical, electrical and structural engineers
Completing and submitting monitoring reports to Education and Skills Funding Agency
The H block building at Borough Road was in a very poor condition and many parts could not be used because of the risk to pupils and staff safety and welfare. Condition reports identified numerous issues including damp penetration and water ingress, falling debris from the building, vermin, fire safety risks and subsidence.
The CIF project involves the demolition of the existing block and replacement with a new hall and classrooms.