Developing a more resilient and stronger local economy
TDA was set up in 2011 to deliver Torbay Council’s economic development services. At the heart of what we do is a social purpose to deliver economic development, physical regeneration and business growth for the good of businesses, residents and visitors in the Torbay area by:
- Driving ambitious, high-quality developments for the area, and positive outcomes for local businesses and residents
- Helping businesses relocate to the area and provide on-going support and aftercare
- Securing funding to deliver key investment and regeneration
- Facilitating purpose-built workspace including innovation centres, enterprise centres, bespoke workspace and flexible office space
- Delivering business support packages, expert one-to-one advice, business planning, mentoring, development workshops, aftercare support and networking events
- Working with key employers to make sure the right skills support is in place
- Helping to deliver work and training programmes which address skills gaps, create jobs and opportunities, and support local business growth
Enterprise South West
Enterprise South West (ESW) is a wholly owned subsidiary and part of TDA Group. A leading provider of total workspace management solutions in the South West, offering a complete package of asset management, operations and business support.
ESW provides added value to economic development strategies, workspace provision and support for business start-ups and growth. Business Support solutions complement workspace management packages, although are also available as standalone services.
Delivery-ready packages for economic development from Enterprise South West
- Comprehensive business diagnostic
- Complete start-up programme: a comprehensive set of modules designed to take an idea to business conception
- Business School: Live delivery, online materials, entrepreneur in a box
- Support for budding retailers and online shops
Specialist workshops across an array of topics.